Blog's music


Every entry of the label "My World" has its own song. Please, stop the song you're listening to before playing another one.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fear and Loathing



"Don't wanna live in fear and loathing
I wanna feel like I am floating
Instead of constantly exploding
In fear and loathing"
"Fear and Loathing" - Marina and The Diamonds

Just a few weeks ago, if someone had asked me for the worst error a teenager can commit, I would have said it is to be oneself. I had heard a lot of people say "Just be yourself" with a smile like they said something right, and I only wanted to kick them all in their faces. All I knew and all I had learnt from high school was that if I was myself, people was going to judge me and be repulsed by me.

It's just that when you commit an error, when you do something "not socially accepted", or even when you are kind when someone "weird", you really get to think you become the weirdo and you really get yourself in fear of other people's opinions. I had a theory: "Society is divided in three groups: girls (50% of society), stupid boys (24'99% of society), homosexual boys (25% of society) and exceptions (0'01% of society).", and I would really swear it was true. If I have to be sincere, I must admit when I think about that theory I notice the figures are totally crazy: of course there are a lot of "stupid boys" but, luckily, there are a lot of exceptions as well (actually, I was being quite unfair to think every single gay man is not a twat, wasn't I?)!

But the positive truth comes when one makes the step to ask sincerely about other people's opinions about oneself. That is when you get to know who are the stupid boys, which are quite a lot, but you get to know a lot of exceptions as well and, guess what: most males are exceptions... so they're actually not exceptions! The worst of all is that when you ask a stupid boy for some reason why you're "bad", "sick" or "weird", you notice how right you are being who you are. But the best thing is that you get to discover that, after all, you have real friends that won't judge you negatively.

Of course, this all gets wrong when your way to be makes you tend to hurt others pointlessly. Then your goal should be to change that way to a more positive one for you and the people of your environment.

The point of all this is that, even if you're the least common person in the whole world, you only get a really little number of "haters" and they aren't even right, so take your fear of opinions off and enjoy the admiration true people shows to you for daring to be yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment